Are you unsure where to even start when it comes to Tik-Tok? With hundreds of filters, audio sounds, and editing tools, Tik-Tok can be challenging at times. If you are wondering where to even start with Tik-Tok, let us help you by sharing a few tips.
What You Need to Know:
First, you need to know what exactly is trending on Tik-Tok. You can find trending videos on your “For You” page. This is the page you instantly come to when you open the app. Through here, you can find trending hashtags, videos, and audios. Next, you need to know how long videos are. Videos on Tik-Tok range from 15 seconds, 60 seconds, and 3 minutes. The best way to reach your audience is to keep your videos short and then add your description of what you would like to talk about more in the caption. Create a video that shows off your skills, feature your business, show off your services, create trending/funny voiceovers or cover a current event. These are just a few ideas that can get you started.
How to Make a Tik-Tok:
- First, open the app and sign in. Click the “+” sign.
- Next, choose the length of the video (15 sec, 30 sec, 3 min)
- Decide if you would like to apply any effects. You can select effects icon and when you’re finished you can tap on the screen to exit. (You can edit and apply effects from the buttons in the bottom right side of the screen)
- If you would like to add a filter, select a button on the right side of the screen that says “filters”
- Edit the length of your Tik-Tok videos by clicking the “Adjust Clips” button on the right side.
- Change the sound of your Tik-Tok videos by clicking the “Voice Effects” button on the right side. (By clicking this button, you can record voiceover sounds on your video.)
- Click the “Add Sound” button to choose a sound from your TikTok library.
- To add text, click the “Text button” to write something in the color and font you want in your video.
- You can add interactive and fun graphics/gifs to your videos by clicking the “Sticker button.”
- Finally, when you have everything that you want to add, tap the Next button to publish as a Tik-Tok post, or choose the “Post to Story” button to post it as a Tik-Tok story.
This is a simple way to make your first Tik-Tok. Making videos for yourself or your brand is so important to your audience. This gives your audience to see you behind the scenes and to show your authenticity to others. So make sure, that you have fun with these videos!